The historical grounds for Hebron Presbyterian Church were founded in 1796 and include the church and sanctuary, historic graveyard, one-room school house, and extensive grounds with a beautiful meditation trail.
The third Sanctuary was built in 1883 and has Five generations of pews. This Historic Sanctuary is the ideal place to hold a Covenant Wedding Ceremony and holds about 200 guests.
The first burial in the Cemetery was young Elijah McWhorter Ash died November 20, 1802. With 22 Revolutionary War Veterans and 59 Civil War Veterans we are proud of our patriotism.
Founded in 1819 the Hebron Academy educated many of the local Children including former Governor Allen D. Candler 1898-1902. The school closed in 1933 with the opening of Davis Academy. The School building was completely renovated in 1988 and was the Georgia Trust for Historic Preservation Renovation Project of the Year. the building serves a a Fellowship hall for the Church and is open for community events.
Grounds & Meditation Trail
Hurricane Irma:A Mixed Blessing. Good: Only Two trees down in the church yard but Bad: the meditation trail had over thirty. Bad: It took Six work days to clear the trail. Good: We all had a blast working together. During Homecoming we rededicated the trail to Honor Jane Carson Miliam life long member of the Church and Historical Society.